ALL FEATURE REQUESTS HERE ARE MONITORED BY OUR PRODUCT TEAM.

VOTING MATTERS!

IDEAS WITH HIGH NUMBERS OF VOTES (USUALLY β‰₯ 10) ARE PRIORITIZED IN OUR ROADMAP.

NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO SUGGEST A NEW FEATURE, PLEASE POST A NEW QUESTION AND TAG AS "FEATURE REQUEST". THANK YOU.

Implement an optional flag that forces users to login

rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
Hey there,

I think it would be a good idea to implement a flag that forces users to login with their accounts to use RapidMiner. This is a good idea in shared environments like universities, where each student has their own license that can be used in classes. By default the flag must be disabled (most users don't want to login each time they use RapidMiner on their own computers) but can be activated.

Does such a thing exist? cc @sgenzer.

All the best,

Rod.
3 votes

Open for Voting Β· Last Updated

PROD-865

Comments

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hey,
    Interesting idea. To my knowledge this does not exist yet... however: if every student has their own home directory in their user space - would not every user automatically be logged in with the license in their .RapidMiner folder?
    Cheers,
    Ingo
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello @IngoRM,

Yes, but I have seen more lab settings that have a single user for all the labs because the computers are frozen and restored from images (lazy maintenance) than lab settings that dedicate a space for each user and load remotely through AD/Samba/NFS.

In the second case, it works. In the first one, it doesn't, and the user has to logout and login. I would like to see a setting for the single-user/frozen computer.

:)
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Got it, thanks!Β  @sgenzer - over to you to turn this into a ticket / feature request :wink:
    Cheers,
    Ingo