After updating rapidminer I am getting error running the Model Simulator.

diana_monroydiana_monroy Member Posts: 1 Learner I
edited October 2019 in Product Feedback - Resolved
  • It seems like Model simulator is not compatible with the previous RapidMiner version.

• Error executing background job 'Calculating result: Model Simulator': java.lang.NullPointerException
Details:
Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Stack trace:
com.rapidminer.extension.modelsimulator.simulator.ModelSimulatorRenderer.createPredictionData(ModelSimulatorRenderer.java:280)
com.rapidminer.extension.modelsimulator.simulator.ModelSimulatorRenderer.getVisualizationComponent(ModelSimulatorRenderer.java:106)
com.rapidminer.gui.processeditor.results.ResultDisplayTools$1.run(ResultDisplayTools.java:171)
com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ProgressThread$3.run(ProgressThread.java:586)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Tagged:
0 votes

Fixed and Released · Last Updated

9.5.0 MW-222

Comments

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for reporting this.  Can I ask for some more details please so that we can better understand what was causing this (and potentially provide a workaround if possible)?

1. Where did the Simulator come from?  Was it loaded from a repository?  Was it created with the operator Model Simulator?  Was it created automatically by Auto Model or the new Model Ops (Deployments) view?

2. Can you share any specific on how you have used it, i.e. you just tried to generate or load it, or you actually worked with it already etc.?

Many thanks for your support and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Ingo
  • artavia_eduardoartavia_eduardo Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hi @IngoRM,

I am having the exact same issue. Funny thing is I had the model constructed and saved before update and was able to run it properly.. after update, I get the same error as diana_monroy.

1. Simulator comes from inserting the operator in a process, not Auto Model. 
    2. I have worked with it before, have a working Gradient Boosted Trees model applied to MOD input, training data connected to TRA input and have tried it with testing data connected to the TES input but also leaving this empty. 

My data is very simple, all variables are either categorical or integers, properly structured, no missing data, etc. If I remove the Simulator and run the process everything works smoothly as well.

Thank you.

Eduardo.

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Thanks!  Eduardo, any chance that one or more of your columns are of type date or time?  That seemed to be the cause for the problem we have identified so far.
    Best,
    Ingo
  • artavia_eduardoartavia_eduardo Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hi @IngoRM,

No, no dates. All columns are either integers or polynomial attributes. The label is binary.
    Hi, ok, that's not good.  Are you 100% sure that you get exactly the same error message as above?  Or is it a different one?  In which case I would appreciate if you could share it with me so we can dive deeper into this...
    Also the Beta release for RapidMiner 9.5 starts today or tomorrow.  This should contain a bugfix for the problem above and it would be great if you folks could give it a try.  I am sure that @sgenzer will post a link here as soon as the release is done...
    Thanks for your support,
    Ingo