Write Excel - Rounding integer strand to 100's digit

abevenseeabevensee Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
I have a process that ends by writing results to an excel document. The output are account numbers meeting a certain criteria. When viewed through the results port, the entire account number shows up (Ex.1). However when the process ends with the "write excel" operator, it is rounding the account number to the nearest hundred (Ex.2). I have the operator set up to write to .xlsx and show all numerical fields as whole numbers (Ex.3). Any idea what would be causing this or ways to circumvent it?

Thanks!

Ex.1:

Ex.2:

Ex.3:

Tagged:

Best Answer

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hello @abevensee,

If you say "account numbers meeting a certain criteria", is it that the account numbers are texts? Because a workaround would be to work with these account numbers as text/string and not as numbers. I can confirm that when generating numbers, those must stay within a range of 15 digits, which is less than ideal for other situations where a number can be large enough to overflow the definition of bigint/decimal.

Am I doing anything wrong here, @sgenzer ?

All the best,

Rod.

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello @Noel,

Does the same thing happen if you store the data into a CSV file instead of an Excel one? If you do, it's a limitation coming from the library. I say that because I hadn't any problems with storing data into PostgreSQL with a massive number of decimals. Let's see how it develops from this.

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • abevenseeabevensee Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    It does not occur when writing to a CSV. Unfortunately I am writing a multiple tab excel workbook so the excel operator is preferred over the CSV operator in this case.