🎉 🎉   RAPIDMINER 9.5 BETA IS OUT!!!   🎉 🎉

GRAB THE HOTTEST NEW BETA OF RAPIDMINER STUDIO, SERVER, AND RADOOP. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

🦉 🎤   RapidMiner Wisdom 2020 - CALL FOR SPEAKERS   🦉 🎤

We are inviting all community members to submit proposals to speak at Wisdom 2020 in Boston.

Whether it's a cool RapidMiner trick or a use case implementation, we want to see what you have.
Form link is below and deadline for submissions is November 15. See you in Boston!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO ENTRY FORM

Setting data type from imported data

mortizmortiz Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
I find importing data from excel and then setting the data type for each column to be rather excruciating. Is there a way that I can do a select all and change them all to a specific value at once? I have 200 attributes and some are coming in as integers when I want reals, or polynominal vs date, etc... However 90% of it a real, and then I can change the remaining ones as oppose to doing every single one. Perhaps organizing the data by data type would be helpful so I dont have to search every column to find every single one that is different.
Tghadially

Best Answers

Answers

• mortizmortiz Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
    Thanks for reply. Where is the tickbox to convert everything to polynominal?
  • mortizmortiz Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
    Thanks for your help! I will just have to convert from here I suppose....

When I set it as polynominal, what exactly does that mean?

Whenever I search for this on internet all I get is polynomial. As if the term polynominal doesn’t exist. 

What different about nominal and polynominal?

thank you very much