ALL FEATURE REQUESTS HERE ARE MONITORED BY OUR PRODUCT TEAM.

VOTING MATTERS!

IDEAS WITH HIGH NUMBERS OF VOTES (USUALLY β‰₯ 10) ARE PRIORITIZED IN OUR ROADMAP.

NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO SUGGEST A NEW FEATURE, PLEASE POST A NEW QUESTION AND TAG AS "FEATURE REQUEST". THANK YOU.
Options

RapidMiner Server - Configured webservice in JSON output not working for decision tree meta data

dvelas25dvelas25 Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
Hello RapidMiner community, I have been recently working with RapidMiner and I implemented a webservice that outputs a decision tree. When I configure the webservice in XML format, it correctly outputs the following:

But if I change it to JSON output, the decision tree data is lost:

Is there some bug with JSON output in RapidMiner Server 9.3?

P.D. Similary, I cannot get PerformanceVector in JSON but it works in XML...

0 votes

Open for Voting Β· Last Updated

IC-1653 From engineering: "This is not a bug. The JSONFormatter only supports ExampleSets." Hence I am categorizing this as a feature request and opening it up for voting.

Comments

• Options

Hello, I attached the requested files.
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    i am not sure if that XML export via Webservices is a feature. Internally we represent the tree as a XML, if i am not mistaken. It surprises me a bit that the WS is returning anything, if the output is not an example set.

Anyway, maybe the operator 'Decision Tree to ExampleSet' in converters extension helps you. The result is an ExampleSet which you can return as a json.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    hi @dvelas25 thank you for this. I'm checking with engineering and will follow up as soon as I can.

[EDIT: see status note at top of page]

Scott
  • Options
    Hello RapidMiner support. Thanks for the suggestions, we used the converters extension and now it is exported in JSON. Although, I would think that implementing RapidMiner services by default in JSON would improve the speed of parsing data for web servers (When I started migrating my app from XML to JSON, we had time improvements over 5 times faster with JSON.