Options

Activating same Educational license for Rapidminer Server 9.4

ouyangouyang Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Dear community members, 

I would like to know whether the same Educational license for the Rapidminer Server 9.4 can be pasted to apply in two different laptops of different Windows versions, that is Windows 7 and Windows 10. I wish to use the Rapidminer server to connect to a business intelligence tool, such as Qlik Sense, for visualization purposes. The use of two different laptops is to handle the sizes of the raw dataset due to the limitation of computational resources. 

I understand that the same Educational license for the Rapidminer Studio can be used in different laptops simultaneously as long as the same user is using the software within the valid license period.  So, how about the Rapidminer server? 

Please share insights with me as soon as possible 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello @ouyang,

From a technical perspective you can put the same license on two different laptops, even with different operating systems such as Windows and Linux, but I don't know if legally the license allows you to make use of the same license on both instances at the same time. Who does know this is @sgenzer, hence let's invoke him.

As a normal use case, I normally have my RapidMiner Server license on my MacBooks (4) and a Linux (1) for demonstration purposes. However, I never run the Server on all the computers at the same time.

Also, the same educational license for RapidMiner Studio can be installed in different laptops, as long as the user is using only one instance of RapidMiner Studio at any given time within the valid license period. That means: a student can use the license of RapidMiner Studio on a laptop, a gaming desktop, a family computer and a computer lab, but it is highly unlikely that they will be using RapidMiner Studio everywhere at the same time, hence they are entitled to have "one" running copy of RapidMiner Studio.

Despite the extensive explanation, I would ask @leti about this, too.

All the best,

Rodrigo.