Options

trying to build an algorithm or optimizer

piratedre20piratedre20 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2019 in Help
hi im new to this and im really trying to build an algorithm or optimizer for daily fantasy sports.  i would like to set up a process where i retrieve the data i have as far as research and try to put it through a process to try and give me the most accurate "plays" on any give "playday" if someone can please help me that would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi @piratedre20,

Your question is vague. I have difficulties to understand what you want to obtain.

Can you describe your data and precise what you want to obtain ? Ideally can you share your data ?

One starting point for you : You can submit your data to the AutoModel...

Regards,

Lionel
  • Options
    piratedre20piratedre20 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    hey Lionel,

thanks for the response, yes my question is very vague and will try to clear it up for you...

so what i want to do is: ultimately i want to feed data such as points, minutes, points per minute, predicted fantasy points per player, etc... and try to make an optimization to try and feed me back the highest "predicted" totals for fantasy points... so for instance

im playing daily fantasy NBA....everyday there are new player pools, i wanted to be able to feed these stats for each player into this "system" with constraints such as "salary cap" which would be 50,000 for 8 players and have this system either predict which 8 player combination would be optimal.... and if possible have this system give multiple of players if "identifies" as a possible play for that day....

honestly, im not sure exactly what kind of "program/system" would be best for this kind of output im looking for. whether its optimization, linear regression, predictably? so if you know that anser to that that would be great....

please let me know if this makes sense.... greatly appreciate your help

Anthony