Options

Best way to combine multiple Featureset Objects into one?

pblack476pblack476 Member Posts: 83 Maven
edited November 2019 in Help
I would like to combine 5 FeatureSets into a single one. Ideally I would like all "5 factorial (!)" combinations of sets possible. But for now a single bundle will do.

How does one would go about this on RM?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi @pblack476,

I don't know how to create the  "5 factorial" combinaisons  of sets possible automatically. But to combine 5 featureSets , have you tried to use the Apply Feature Set operator .. ??

Regards,

Lionel
  • Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    I would like all "5 factorial (!)" combinations of sets possible.
    Can you explain this requirement? I am a bit confused about  "5 factorial" are you looking for 120 combinations?

Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    edited November 2019
    @varunm1 Yes. that is what  I would like. All 120 possible combinations of 5 featuresets without repetition. (I dont need all possible combinations of attributes, Just featuresets)

@lionelderkrikor The problem with that approach is that it cannot add multiple featuresets at once. I have to loop through them somehow (probably a collection since there is no Loop FeatureSet operator) and use 'keep originals' option. But I am running into trouble there as well because 'keep original' brings back every attribute. Even the ones I had previously filtered with select attributes before, and I don't want that. I want to have an exampleset with the combination of 5 featuresets and just those 5. This really seems like a bug to me but for now that is where I am at.

The best I can do so far is use 'keep originals' with 'originals special role' to make RM ignore them on further processing. And that bugs if I use inside a loop collection operator.
  • Options
    Yes. that is what  I would like. All 120 possible combinations of 5 feature sets without repetition.
    So you are looking for 31 combinations as you said they shouldn't repeat. This is a tricky and nice challenge.

120 combinations will have repeats like column A, Column B in one set and Column B, Column A in another (order changes).
    Regards,
    Varun

• Options
    @pblack476

Did you try "Loop Attribute Subsets". This is doing what you are asking I guess
    Regards,
    Varun

• Options
    I got a part of it!

I Merge Attributes after the loop. No need to keep orignals. It merges all ExampleSets in the collection into one. And My collection is nothing more than 5 ExampleSets of the applied featureSets one by one.

Now I will try to figure out how to get all 120 combinations....
  • Options
    @varunm1 True. I had my math wrong there. I will try to use loop attribute subsets and check back.