RapidMiner Wisdom Banner

Google big query can't connect

BautastenBautasten Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
Hi,

I'm trying out RapidMiner 9.5 and need to connect to google BigQuery but having problems or it's because I don't know how, so I'm using the Google cloud services connection and have the in-database extension installed. I create the connection and test it and everything works fine but I don't see have big query tables, I guess they should be below the connection in the repository or need I do something else with the connection?

any ideas?
Tagged:
Jasmine_

Best Answer

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Team Lead Software Engineering Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,873   RM Engineering
    Hi,

You need to use the connection, please see the documentation here: https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/studio/connect/database/jdbc/

Regards,
    Marco
    Jasmine_
  • BautastenBautasten Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
    I don't find any operator that can use the Google cloud services connection to get the data from bigquery (only data storage), is it possible the use that connection or do you need to use a JDBC-connection, sry for the newbie questions...
    Jasmine_
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Team Lead Software Engineering Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,873   RM Engineering
    Hi,

My apologies, I misread the question. I have pinged someone with experience with those connections.

Regards,
    Marco
    Jasmine_
    thx a lot that did the trick!

Just a follow up question, how do I supply my own sql-query to get biqquery-data into rapid miner?
    Jasmine_
  • phellingerphellinger Employee, Member Posts: 90   RM Engineering
    edited January 8
    You can use the other In Database operators to filter, aggregate, etc. For custom query, you currently need to create a view in BigQuery that you will see listed in Retrieve after a refresh.

Best,
    Peter
    Jasmine_
    OK, thx!
    Jasmine_