Options

Unable to load .csv file from import

ravtalravtal Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited January 2020 in Help
Hi,
When i try to import .csv file from import data option, after i select the file and click next, Rapidminer gets stuck and does not recover.

Best Regards,
Ravikiran
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

Would you happen to be able to link the file? Or private message me it?

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Sent you the file Marco, Thank your for the response.
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I opened it in RapidMiner Studio 9.5.1, no problems whatsoever. I can import it just fine. See attached screen recording.
    Do you have any errors in the USER/.RapidMiner/rapidminer-studio.log file?

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Hi,
    In my case the RM gets stuck and does not respond at all. Tried it multiple times.
    Is there any way that I can share my desktop with you? 
    This is urgent for me as my University Project is pending :(

Regards,
    Ravikiran 
  • Options
    Hi,

You can use the Read CSV operator. Create a new empty process, add the Read CSV operator, then simply uncheck "first row as names", and select the .csv file from your disk, then run the process.

Regards,
    Marco 
  • Options
    Using Read CSV operator i could get the data set within the process, during this stage how can i  uncheck "first row as names"?
  • Options
    Hi,

Scroll down in the parameters a bit. It's one of the parameters at the bottom.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Perfect Thanks
  • Options
    AjufoAjufo Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    I am having the same issue, I use 9.8 now once i try to import the data, it gets stuck on 'next'. I tried dragging the data into the process, and it got stuck on the timer. What do I do next? P.S I use an ubuntu system. 
  • Options
    AjufoAjufo Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    At this point, I am stuck here