Does anyone mantain the RM Finance and Economics extension anymore?

pblack476pblack476 Member Posts: 82  Maven
edited February 7 in Help
It seems to be abandoned since 2014. And there are issues that have come up since those days, specially regarding Yahoo API use but does anyone still mantain that extension? Seems there is nothing like it for RM but nowadays it seems the only way to get that kind of functionality is with PythonScript extension.
Jasmine_

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,308   Unicorn
    Yes, it is sad but true, that extension is no longer maintained.  It's too bad because there are a number of operators in it that still offer functionality that is difficult to replicate using any other method in RapidMiner.  So it's basically "use at your own risk".

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • pblack476pblack476 Member Posts: 82  Maven
    edited February 11

Too bad...
    That had many great tools in it.

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 454   Unicorn
    Is it possible to find the old authors? I'm asking @sgenzer about it, basically.

Given the state of RapidMiner as of now (it has advanced a lot and there were lots of API changes), I wouldn't dare to replicate and maintain this extension.
  • mbsmbs Moderator, Member, KB Contributor Posts: 291   Unicorn
    Hello

Take a look at this link please, this extension is for version 6.4 which is old.

https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_quantx1
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 454   Unicorn
    @mbs that is the old extension we are talking about :(
    mbs
  • mbsmbs Moderator, Member, KB Contributor Posts: 291   Unicorn
    edited February 14
  • pblack476pblack476 Member Posts: 82  Maven
    @mbs That looks great! It would not solve the issue with the finance extension as it really has outdated code regarding APIs and so on but that is a great tool to have!

• sgenzersgenzer 12Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,783  Community Manager
    hi @pblack476 so yes sadly that extension is very, very dead. I wrote a KB article about this (and a suggested alternative) back in August 2017:

https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/41119/real-time-financial-data-via-alpha-venture-api-alternative-to-yahoo-finance-api

TBH I have not looked at this in a while. BUT now with the new Custom Operators extension, it would be much easier to wrap this into an operator rather than hard-coding w/Java. Just use the Web Mining operator's Get Page operator instead of the Enrich Data via Webservice, as the latter just does not work well with modern APIs any more.

Scott
    Pavithra_Rao