No Charts on Visualizations

JoãoFRFJoãoFRF Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
Hey there everyone.
I just started using rapidminer, as I am using it in my university.
I'm here asking for help (I tried figuring it out with my teacher but no success), where I have no graphic what so ever on results -> visualizations.
Here is the print: imgur.com/TTcFYBd.png

Here is the neofetch of my system: imgur.com/he6Hcwn.png

I've tried using the legacy options and the html 5.

Thank you all in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @JoãoFRF can you please share your rapidminer-studio.log file?
  • JoãoFRFJoãoFRF Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
    edited February 2020
    @sgenzer

Here it is : pastebin.com/raw/7h3ppz02
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    thanks @JoãoFRF. That helps. What's your computer hardware and operating system?
    @sgenzer
    I posted it on the question, I'm using mx linux, on a laptop, i7-7700hq and a 1050ti (no nvidia drivers installed because last time i installed them i had issues (it has conflicts with other softwares i use atm), but i have no need to install them anyways.)
    yes that is what I suspected. We are aware of some issues with the visualizations on some Linux installations. Our resident Linux expert is @BalazsBarany so I will see if he has any insight here. Otherwise you may wish to use RapidMiner on any standard Windows / Mac machine.

Scott

@sgenzer
    But it is the only feature that doesn't work, everything else seems alright, graphics work etc, just not in the visualizations tab
    Yup. That's exactly what we have heard from time to time. Let's see what Balazs has to say.
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    @BalazsBarany
    And now how do I "force" rapidminer to use that java version?
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi,

I set JAVA_HOME before calling RapidMiner. You can also put the following into your RapidMiner-Studio.sh at the beginning:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-amazon-corretto

Regards,
    Balázs
    Worked like a charm.
    Thank you so much!
    edited February 2020
    In any case someone ends ups here with the same problem here's what I did.
    As i'm in a debian based distro after getting told to use the amazon correto 8 I did this:

sudo dpkg --install java-1.8.0-amazon-corretto-jdk_8.242.07-1_amd64.deb
    I downloaded the file here: docs.aws.amazon.com/corretto/latest/corretto-8-ug/downloads-list.html
    sudo update-alternatives --config java
    selected the number with the correct version and restarted rapidminer.

Thanks @JoãoFRF for sharing the installation process.

I've heard from developers that the problem is only temporary, affecting version 9.5.
    Studio 9.6 will also work with OpenJDK again, as it will bundle the necessary libraries.

Regards,
    Balázs