ALL FEATURE REQUESTS HERE ARE MONITORED BY OUR PRODUCT TEAM.

VOTING MATTERS!

IDEAS WITH HIGH NUMBERS OF VOTES (USUALLY ≥ 10) ARE PRIORITIZED IN OUR ROADMAP.

NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO SUGGEST A NEW FEATURE, PLEASE POST A NEW QUESTION AND TAG AS "FEATURE REQUEST". THANK YOU.
Options

Add posibility to show any set of attributes in the tooltip of a visualization

yzanyzan Member Posts: 66 Unicorn
edited February 2020 in Product Ideas
The interactive plots (like scatter plot) should have the ability to show any set of attributes in the tooltip. Currently, only the  the plot defining attributes (like x and y coordinates) are displayed in the tooltip. That's limiting.

Example use case: I want to identify outliers from the scatter plot based on the x and y coordinates and write down their id (and possibly inspect some other feature values beyond the axis coordinates).

Proposed solution: Add a multi-select box "Tooltip" to the plot UI like you have for "Value columns". The multi-select box would allow you to add additional attributes into the tooltips. The final set of the attributes displayed in the tooltips would be a union of the user selected attributes and the graph defining attributes (the user may wish to "permanently" display some attributes in the tooltips regardless of the axis definition).

Bonus point: Include the id attribute (attribute with role=="id") in the tooltip by default. And make it the first line in the tooltip (it would essentially make a header of the tooltip).
0 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

PROD-920

Comments

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

This would certainly help exploring data. May I ask what would you do/expect when aggregations are used?

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    yzanyzan Member Posts: 66 Unicorn
    Hi Marco,

just show the aggregates that you are showing in the "Statistics" tab of an ExampleSet. In the case of nominal values, show {Least, Most, Values}. In the case of numerical values, show {Min, Max, Average}.

Or just add the select box only into graphs that do not use aggregates (scatter, bubble, map and maybe some other I forgot about). That way you do not have to worry about the speed of the aggregate calculations.