Options

Can not to start the RapidMiner Server

Yi_YaoYi_Yao Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited May 2020 in Help
Dear,

I installed the RM Server, but I could not start it. I tried the three ways provided in the document but all failed. The error informations are shown below.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    aschaferdiekaschaferdiek Employee, Member Posts: 76 RM Engineering
    Hi. Could you please try to start RapidMiner Server by double-clicking on the standalone.bat file within the installation directory bin/ folder?
  • Options
    Hi, I double-clicked the standalone.bat file within the installation directory bin/ folder. The result is shown below as the second picture in the question.

• Options
    Thanks for the screenshot. Are we sure that your machine meets the minimum requirements? How much memory does it have?
  • Options
    The memory in my laptop is 16G. It is a new machine and I think it definitely meets the minimum requirements. 
  • Options
    That should be enough, indeed. Is there any log written to the rapidminer-server-home/log folder which you could share?
  • Options
    A log text file is attached. It shows that "JAVA_HOME is not set". While I had already added the variable into the environment.  
  • Options
    I read that this might pop up when your system is 64bit but your installed version of JRE is 32bit. Could you verify that you're using the correct JRE distribution?
  • Options
    It was resolved. I add an environment variable "JAVA_HOME" to the System Variable and it works. At the beginning, I add the JAVA_HOME variables to the User Variable. Thanks a lot for your help!!!
  • Options
    Ok, good to know. Thanks for sharing the solution.