Options

No examples after joining

Leonie0430Leonie0430 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi I am working on an assignment but I have a problem. 
There are 2 datasets, the first has some flight information and the second has weather information. I want to predict whether a flight will depart with a delay of 15 minutes or more (using a decision tree). I have done the following: 

- Import flight data -- select attributes -- split data -- parse numbers 
I selected the following attributes: day, dep_delay_15, dep_time_planned, dest_airport, dest_city, month, origin_airport, origin_city, origin_id and year. 
After this I used split to split the dep_time_planned attribute into 2 parts (the first with the hour, the second with the minute) and I've parsed this. 

- Import weather data -- select attributes
Here I selected all of the attributes. 

After this I have joined these datasets, but after the join all of the examples are gone (the attributes are still there). I have tried everything: left, right, inner and outer join. The key attribute couples I have made are:
- origin_id, airport_id
- day, day 
- month, month 
- dep_time_planned_1, hour 
- year, year 

Can somebody help me out? 

Answers

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi @Leonie0430,

Have you tried to put a Generate ID operator (to each of your 2 datasets) before joining by using use id attribute as key ?

In attached file, a process to help you to understand how to obtain a working process.

Regards,

Lionel

• Options
    Leonie0430Leonie0430 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi @lionelderkrikor

Thank you for your help, I have fixed the problem. The weird thing is when I hovered over the output of the join, it said my dataset was empty. I had put a filter examples operator after the join operator and filtered too much out. Because my dataset was empty after the join I thought it was because of the join, but it turned out the be because of the filter operator. 
  • Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Congrats @Leonie0430

Glad you have solved your issue.

Regards,

Lionel