Can Goals In A Simulated Reality League games (SRL) Actually Be Predicted?

Seun4reelbiz_1Seun4reelbiz_1 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi,
Please I'd like to know how to predict possible number of goals to be scored in a Simulated Reality League games (SRL) which has nothing to do with natural occurrences like injury, weather, referee's attitude, sacked manager, e.t.c

Answers

• sara20sara20 Member Posts: 110 Unicorn
    @Seun4reelbiz_1

hello

I think it depends on your data and label. If you choose very clear label for your data you can predict it easily. ( don't forget to choose useful algorithm for that). 
    Also I recommend you to check it at first with auto model.

I hope this helps
    sara
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    I think this is almost a philosophical question. I don't know anything about fantasy sports leagues, so I don't know whether your specific outcome can be predicted or not. Sara is right that having a clear label definition is a necessity if you do want to predict an outcome, but this is a necessary but not sufficient condition.  Some events are like stochastic processes and cannot be predicted no matter how clearly the label is defined or how much data you bring to the table (try predicting the next outcome when flipping a coin or rolling a die, for example). Other datasets are theoretically possible to predict. Domain expertise can help you determine the answer to this question.  Tools like Auto Model and knowledge of ML algorithms can help you choose the best approach for your predictions. But it all depends on what actually drives the things you are trying to predict and if they are inherently predictable, whether there are available datasets that capture the necessary relationships.  

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts