πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰. RAPIDMINER 9.8 IS OUT!!! πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰

RapidMiner 9.8 continues to innovate in data science collaboration, connectivity and governance

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Do GPU provide faster training times?

Andy3Andy3 Member Posts: 7 Newbie
Hello,

I have heard that Rapidminer have some similarities with H2O, so when I read the article (sefiks.com/2019/11/07/why-you-should-build-xgboost-models-within-h2o/) that the H2O library have some turbo-button when the GPU is enable I hope the same thing was applied in Rapidminer though I haven't been able to test this out. My impression has been that only the CPU has been the most important thing when trying to decrease training times with the GBT-algorithm. Could someone from RM verify that RM has the same turbo-button or not? :smile:

Best regards
Andy

Best Answer

Answers

• mschmitzmschmitz Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 2,858  RM Data Scientist
    Hi @Andy3,

we have GPU support for neural networks in the Deep Learning extension, but not (yet) for GBTs.

Best,
    Martin
    - Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
    Andy3
  • Andy3Andy3 Member Posts: 7 Newbie
    Hope to have it soon in for the GBTs.
  • Andy3Andy3 Member Posts: 7 Newbie
    Glad to hear that you do some work to update RM to latest stable version. Love to hear more about it :)