Options

Git integration in RapidMiner 9.7 beta: Project URL is invalid, it must end with .git

christos_karraschristos_karras Member Posts: 50 Guru
I hoped to try the new Git integration in RapidMiner 9.7, but I ran into two obstacles:

1. I was not able to connect RapidMiner to an existing Git clone, the clone has to be done by RapidMiner. It should be possible to point to existing clones, we might not want to do Git operations exclusively through RapidMiner but also using other tools when appropriate.

2. When I try to create a clone through RapidMiner, it rejects the clone URL without even trying to connect to it, because there's an incorrect validation that requires the URL to end with .git. This is not the case for Git repositories in Azure DevOps.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Pavithra_RaoPavithra_Rao Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 123 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @christos_karras,

Thanks for sharing this, we have forwarded this issue to our engineering team for their feedback.

Cheers,
    Pavithra
  • Options
    aschaferdiekaschaferdiek Employee, Member Posts: 76 RM Engineering
    Hi @christos_karras External git providers are not supported by us. RapidMiner Server needs to act as the git server. You can migrate an existing git repository to a git repository/project hosted by RapidMiner Server by following the steps mentioned in our beta docs: https://docs-beta.rapidminer.com/latest/server/use/projects/#migrate

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

And to follow up on that, while the Git repo itself needs to be hosted by the Server, you can connect to it with any other git client you want. You can use the same repo with Studio as well as SourceTree, git command line, or whatever strikes your fancy.
    So collaboration with colleagues that do not use Studio are perfectly possible and supported.

Regards,
    Marco