Options

How can I plot the frequency of word?

LindsayKelevraLindsayKelevra Member Posts: 5 Newbie
edited June 2020 in Help

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to use the operator Generate Gaussian in order to plot the frequency of words, but comparing my results (calculated manually) with them they're really different. I need this operation to understand which values ​​to discard through the pruning. What's the formula that RapidMiner uses to create the Gaussian? 

Thank you.

Answers

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Are you expecting your word frequency to follow a normal distribution?  It's not clear that is the best a priori model for word distributions depending on the type of text.
    I am also not clear how conformity to a hypothetically pure statistical distribution affects pruning.  You might be better off simply setting pruning thresholds by frequency or by percentage at a few different levels and seeing what words are dropped as a consequence.  Typically having a lot of words with only a handful of occurrences does nothing at all for model performance but can lead to large datasets and long runtimes. 
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts