Getting wordlist for each separate file in the Process Documents operator

b00122599b00122599 Member Posts: 26 Contributor II
edited June 2020 in Help
Hey folks,

I am trying to get the top words from text files using the process in the XML below to get the top words in text files. However I wish to get the top words for each text file in a folder seperately the operation below gives me the results for the whole collection of text files. Is there anyway to get the operation to process them individually rather than as a group?

Thanks in advance,

Neil. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="8.1.000">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
      <operator activated="true" class="social_media:search_twitter" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Search Twitter" width="90" x="112" y="34">
        <parameter key="connection" value="dkk"/>
        <parameter key="query" value="tesla"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="nominal_to_text" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Nominal to Text" width="90" x="246" y="34">
        <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="single"/>
        <parameter key="attribute" value="Text"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="select_attributes" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Select Attributes" width="90" x="380" y="34">
        <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="single"/>
        <parameter key="attribute" value="Text"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="text:process_document_from_data" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Process Documents from Data" width="90" x="514" y="34">
        <list key="specify_weights"/>
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="text:tokenize" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Tokenize" width="90" x="380" y="34"/>
          <connect from_port="document" to_op="Tokenize" to_port="document"/>
          <connect from_op="Tokenize" from_port="document" to_port="document 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_document" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_document 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_document 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="text:wordlist_to_data" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="WordList to Data" width="90" x="648" y="85"/>
      <operator activated="true" class="sort" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Sort" width="90" x="782" y="85">
        <parameter key="attribute_name" value="total"/>
        <parameter key="sorting_direction" value="decreasing"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="filter_example_range" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Filter Example Range" width="90" x="916" y="85">
        <parameter key="first_example" value="1"/>
        <parameter key="last_example" value="5"/>
      </operator>
      <connect from_op="Search Twitter" from_port="output" to_op="Nominal to Text" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Nominal to Text" from_port="example set output" to_op="Select Attributes" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Select Attributes" from_port="example set output" to_op="Process Documents from Data" to_port="example set"/>
      <connect from_op="Process Documents from Data" from_port="example set" to_port="result 1"/>
      <connect from_op="Process Documents from Data" from_port="word list" to_op="WordList to Data" to_port="word list"/>
      <connect from_op="WordList to Data" from_port="example set" to_op="Sort" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Sort" from_port="example set output" to_op="Filter Example Range" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Sort" from_port="original" to_port="result 3"/>
      <connect from_op="Filter Example Range" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 2"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 4" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>

Best Answer

Answers

• jmphillipsjmphillips Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
    Hello, This could help you.

;)
  • b00122599b00122599 Member Posts: 26 Contributor II
    Hello,

Sorry for the delay in my reply and thanks for the help. I am now looping through the text files with the process above successfuly but the wordlist is empty for all files in my output list

Thanks again,

Neil. 
  • kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    At first glance nothing seems wrong with your process logic, so what if you tune the parameters (more precise the pruning ones) a bit?
    Or better, try first without any pruning and bypass filter tokens etc to ensure you don't loose your content in these step. And if you do you know at least why you get no results.

Also, just as a sidenote, given that you are only looking for your wordlist you can untick the 'vector creation' in your process documents operator. you don't need it so it will speed up things a bit.
    Thanks very much that worked. Now a new problem. I have a lot of example sets just have the name Exmaple Set so I can't tell which results belong to which text file. Would you happen to have any pointers of how to add the text file name to the output instead of example set? Thanks again.

Neil. 
    Thanks again for all the help it's much appreciated!