Azure image RapidMiner Server 9.6 can't connect 8080 port

PaulMontoyaPaulMontoya Member Posts: 4 Newbie
edited September 2020 in Help
I have just install in azure the RapidMiner Server image with the default setting.
I'm not able to connect by browser 8080 port (http//xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
Al the port are configure 8080, 1081 and 22.
Any idea what is doing on?
Tagged:

Answers

• jpuentejpuente Employee, Member Posts: 53 RM Product Management
    Hi Paul.
    Just two small comments to begin with. We just published the 9.7 VMs, which change the ports used (80 for Server). I know you say 9.6, but just in case. Another thing to take into account is that Server takes about 5 minutes to start, so, I suppose you have waited, but again, just to make sure.

Once the more or less obvious is checked, I would suggest to go to the landing page (http://xx.xx.xx.xx:80). Let me know if that works at least. From there you can go to the "Docker Deployment Manager". Server and the additional services that come with it, like Jupyter Notebooks, are managed by docker internally, If you go to the docker deployment manager, you should see the list of services. Please check if everything is up and running or not. There are buttons to restart, if needed.

One of the services is the one that corresponds to Server: rm-server-svc. You can also check the logs. Take a look at them and please post them here if you see an error there.

One thing that sometimes is an issue is memory. How much have you set? 16 Gb should be enough, but less than can be a problem. One last quesion, is this BYOL or PAYG?

• PaulMontoyaPaulMontoya Member Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi!
    I have just installed the 9.7 version VM but still not connecting to the server by a browser.
    I have upgraded the RAM to 16Gb and the license is BYOL.
    Attached are the screenshots of the actual configuration and the error
    Thanks, J for your support
    The configuration looks good to me. Can you access it via SSH? Could it be the proxy/gateway that's stopping your outbound connection to that IP?
    I have tested on my laptop, tablet and phone with no sucess.
    Can you access from your location?
    can I configure the server from the virtual machine?
    Hi. That really looks like a firewall issue. Are you sure your ports are configured correctly? Could you maybe try a completely open configuration, just to discard other issues?
  • rhowesrhowes Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    edited July 2020
    Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Installed Rapidminer 9.7 on both an Azure instance and an AWS instance. Waiting 20 mins and tried to connect via port 80. Waiting a bit longer and it worked!
    It's normal that it takes 5-10 minutes to start. I don't know why it took so long for you. How much mem/cpu did you allocate?