Options

RM Won't Stop Referring to Deleted Excel File No Matter How Many Times I Set Path to New File

SkyTraderSkyTrader Member Posts: 88 Contributor II
edited July 2020 in Help
Hi

I cannot not get any of my processes (like Read Excel or Retrieve) to respect the new pathway that I set to the latest Excel file (that has column "O" labelled as ATR 14d and NOT as ATR (14) (because somehow brackets in Turbo causes a whole other set of problems) no matter how many times I click on Read Excel or the Retrieve operators select the correct file in import config wizard and save.

I've spent hours and hours, days, modifying all my headers because of the bracket issue, then found I couldn't import my normally importable Excel files at all, so I renamed the headers all with names like ATR 14d and now the stored processes seem to be referring to something I've deleted from every single point in RM until I am blue in the face and despite having reset all pathways to the files with the header named ATR 14d.

Is it always this hard using RM because having taken a month to build perfect Excel data tables, I wan't expecting to literally be going round in endless circles with RM's sensitive data import issues (like the date issue on import I raised that magically went away despite having not modified the dates format in any way)?

The ONLY way I could resolve this was to delete all my Read and Store operators in a few Processes that I'd built and start from scratch rebuilding them.

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hmm can you share your process?
  • Options
    SkyTraderSkyTrader Member Posts: 88 Contributor II
    Thanks Scott, but I had to delete the process(es) and start again.