Options

RM Server - Execution Time Limit

archana_srarchana_sr Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited August 2020 in Help
Hi Guys,

For the process that are scheduled on the RM server, I am aware we can set the maximum time upto which it can run. Say I have set my process execution time to 30 minutes. Now once it exceeds the 30 minutes, it kills itself with below message.Β 

This is working as expected, but my question is, is there any way I can capture this message? What I am planning to do is, the process can get killed because of many reasons and I want to know how many times it stopped because it exceeded the time limit and other errors. I am expecting something like:

Between Aug 1 - Aug 15: My process got killed 15 times
  • Time to live exceeded - 10
  • Others - 5
Is this even possible?

Answers

• Options
    aschaferdiekaschaferdiek Employee, Member Posts: 76 RM Engineering
    Hi. RapidMiner Server/AI Hub doesn't provide means to achieve what you're looking for automatically. We provide APIs for querying the results of executions. You can achieve what you're trying to do with a little bit of scripting.

The following will make use of our API, please make yourself familiar with it, if you like to use it. Documentation can be found here: https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/server/use/rest-api/
    • Use our REST API to query failed jobs, e.g. via /executions/jobs?page=0&size=10000&state=ERROR, here you can also limit dates, e.g. by adding &submissionsFrom=1596232800000&submissionsTo=1598565600000
    • Parse the requested JSON payload, look for the individual response for a job and the error field (see Swagger documentation here: https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis-docs/RapidMiner/Server/9.7.1#/JobResponse)
    • Accumulate your results afterwards
    For example you could create a python script to accumulate the results, do the REST requests and save to a data set. It's also possible to execute this python script within RapidMiner Execute Python afterwards if you create a RapidMiner process from it.

I hope this helped.