How to interpret 'cost' column in classifications

cramsdencramsden Member Posts: 42 Contributor I
Hi Im new to this whole world and am using rapid miner go.   I set up a deep learning model for classification.   In the output when I apply my model to a new data set the first column that shows is 'cost'.   I assumed that has to do with the 'gain and cost' payoff table that I set up when creating the model, but it doesnt seem to match with what I'd expect to see given the inputs I put in.

Can any one help me on how to interpret this 'cost' column or how it is calculated. 

Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    sure! its the calculation we talk about here: https://rapidminer.com/resource/profit-sensitive-scoring/ . maybe there is a minus sign somewhere, because sometimes you talk about costs, and sometimes about gains.

Best,
    Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • cramsdencramsden Member Posts: 42 Contributor I
    Yes, I understand setting up the cost benefit table. But I'm asking more for the cost column in the output when I apply the model to new datasets (I'll attach a screen shot).    I think I am interpreting this wrong because if I have 2 different models one with the default (+1,-1) payoff table, and another which i adjust to +1,-10000 just to see how that effected the cost column in the output.  I expected to see the cost column be large negative numbers with this set up but they were not.  That's why I am a bit confused, I cant find any documentation on this.    
  • cramsdencramsden Member Posts: 42 Contributor I
    Thank you! Figured it out!!