Options

Minor problem with the Extract Cluster Prototypes operator

hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 Member Posts: 323 Unicorn
edited September 2020 in Help
If I cluster with K-medoids the last value in the data set becomes a centroid so I need to exclude it. I am doing this by finding the value, generating a macro, generating an attribute and finally a filter examples operator with an expression. It does not work. I can't seem to be able to see the data after the Extract Prototypes operator to filter it. In the screenshot, it should be trivial to exclude cluster_11 but I am not making much progress. I am using RM 9.7, not the 9.8 beta.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,509 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    why cant you just use filter example range?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hi Martin,

I will have to think about that. I could do with a couple of days off. I could be missing the simple solution to this problem.

At the moment, I can't isolate and filter the centroid of cluster_11 after the Extract Prototypes. On the next run it might be the centroid of cluster_3 that is the last value in the data set. Here is a screen shot with a crude example. The last value in the data set is the second to last black line at the bottom which is also the centroid of one of the clusters. I have taken the centroid values and generated attributes. It is kind of a false value when it is also an outlier. That value doesn't match anything in the data set. If it does, then it is random. A simple filter examples expression should have fixed it but the composite value in the data set is invisible to me. I will upload a process that should make things clearer.

• Options
    Hi Martin, I have had a rethink of the whole process and I understand better how the clustering works. They may still be some some issue with the extract cluster prototypes but it is not a problem the way I am going things now.

regards,

Alex
  • Options
    Thanks Martin, I will try that.

Regards,

Alex