Options

"Text Mining"

sudheendrasudheendra Member Posts: 22 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

I am working with text documents, I would like to extract sentences which contain a paricular word . Example "recovery" .Is it possible?

Thanks,
Sudheendra

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    an operator for this is planned for one of the upcoming versions of the TextProcessing Extension for RapidMiner 5.0. Currently you would have to use a rather complex process. I think it should be possible, but as you might imagine, I cannot build a process for you, if it consumes more than a few minutes of work. This would be more a problem for consulting and not for the support forum. Sorry.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    RalfKlinkenbergRalfKlinkenberg Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member, Unconfirmed, University Professor Posts: 68 RM Founder
    Hi Sudheendra,

if you would like us to design a text mining process to extract all sentences containing a particular word, you can contact us via our web contact form or e-mail and ask us for a quote.

Best regards,
    Ralf
  • Options
    venkatesh20venkatesh20 Member Posts: 23 Maven
    Hey you donot need any text mining tool for your requirement. A simple regular expression in perl / python  is sufficient to get this done.  ;)

Venki
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    that's a really good hint. I think you could use regular expressions as well from inside RapidMiner using the Generate Extract operator. This way you would not have any scripting effort and no problems including it in your workflow.

Greetings,
      Sebastian