Difference between models in Operators vs Auto Model

jsdrewjsdrew Member Posts: 9 Learner I
I am new to Rapid Miner and I'm trying to understanding the difference between the models in the Operators folders vs those used in Automodel.  I've been experimenting with the Deep Learning Predictive Model.  The one in the Operators folder seems to create a model from a dataset much faster than running the same dataset to create a model through Automodel.  

Thanks for your help on this.

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    keep in mind that AutoModel does more than just fitting a model. It also does a ton of preprocessing for you. In principal you can do all the things auto model does manually. If you want to check what AM is doing, you can just open the process it creates for you.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • jsdrewjsdrew Member Posts: 9 Learner I
    Thank you for your comment @Mschmitz. I am also trying to determine the difference between Rapid Miner Go and Rapid Miner Studio in terms of modeling. If I run the same dataset through a deep learning model in Rapid Miner Go and auto model in Rapid Miner Studio, will I get similar results? While I've worked with databases and data for many years, I'm new to data mining so I don't know a lot about models. Besides the data prep capabilities, are there any other advantages of Rapid Miner Studio over Rapid Miner Go? And, in terms of the data lines limit for the Pro License for Rapid Miner Studio, does that apply even when you've downloaded the software to your own PC? 

I'm not sure if this is the right place for these types of questions, but the sales people I've talked with at Rapidminer so far haven't been able to help out with technical specifics like these.