Options

rapidminer server installation - localhost:8080 not working

MatoseMatose Member Posts: 3 Newbie
Hello guys, please help out a newbie here. 
I was able to install rapidminer server (AI Hub) but when i try to login to localhost:8080  from my browser, it keeps saying, "

can't reach this page

The connection was reset." 

few details: 

***the rapidminer server service is running

***I have checked the server by trying to connect to it from Rapidminer studios and it works

***I have attached the standalone log file if its any help. 

thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Postgres should run on port 5432. 
    You can either reconfigure it or the RM Server to another port. Make sure the server accesses the database on the correct port if you change Postgres.

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

I see this in the log:  
    java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind /0.0.0.0:8080

So something on your computer is already bound to port 8080 and RapidMiner Server can't. It's strange that your Studio is able to connect.

Try to find out which application is listening on 8080 and stop it. Maybe it's just an older instance of RM Server that wasn't stopped properly.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    MatoseMatose Member Posts: 3 Newbie
    thanks for the reply, Balázs. the application using the port is postgres itself and when i stop it, the database stops working :/