Enter input as arrays instead of elements

explorerexplorer Member Posts: 7 Newbie
I am trying to build a model which must take all inputs as arrays. The numerical inputs have to be arrays and the categorical ones also have to be arrays. The reason is that the predicted output is provided as a "group" but there are several members in each group which have separate decision variables. . Each member contributes to the group output in different ways depending on its decision variables. Imagine for example that I have 1000 football matches and would like to predict the number of goals that will be scored by a team from that dataset. I know that the number of goals is based on team work and each player contributes to the goal. So I get the decision variable for each team player such as (age, skill level, experience, role  etc), but my predicted output (number of goals) is a 'group value' so I cant assign an output for each player rather I can only assign an output for each team, but I need to be able to individually provide the input variables for each and all players  (array) of that team in each cell.  How is this kind of problem solved in rapidminer?

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Posting the same question multiple times isn't good board etiquette.  This is the same question as this thread:
    https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/58211/input-data-with-each-cell-containing-an-array-instead-of-a-single-numerical-or-categorical-entry#latest
    Please delete or close any extra threads.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • explorerexplorer Member Posts: 7 Newbie
    Sorry about posting a second time. This was Tyler's recommendation when I chatted with him. Going back to my example: I had thought about something similar to your solution, but note that the example I provided for a football team and the players  was just to illustrate the need for an "array". In my actual task, the  number of members in a given entity (group) varies from one entity to another. Also, I cannot  pre-determine the maximum number of members possible for a given entity. I would do this as a last resort. But if there is at all a way to define them as an array I would be glad to know.
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    I don't believe there is any way to do what you are asking with arrays within the native functions of RapidMiner.  You might be able to do it by using R or python scripting though.  Otherwise within RapidMiner you would need to create attributes for each possible entity and then you would have empty values when those entities were not used on any given team record.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts