Options

Automodel appears not to exclude attributes with special roles in the learning process

explorerexplorer Member Posts: 7 Newbie
It appears to me that the Automodel still includes attributes with special roles in the learning process because i still see those attributes in the results. Also there seems to be no way to set roles in Automodel (I first had to set them in design view and then store for later loading from Automodel), but even then when I run the model in Auto model, it still appears to include roles that I had previously set to "ignore" and "id". Being new to rapidminer, I may be missing something and would appreciate prompt help on this. Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    When creating an auto-model, the process takes you through the entire cycle of data analysis, selection of the label and identifying the attributes that should be used and should be omitted. If you deselect any of the attributes in this process, they will not be used in the model building. So yes, unless you explicitly accept the auto model recommendations for the attribute roles (this is an "auto" model after all), they will be used later on.