Options

Export the result of process with write database

ABIMABIM Member Posts: 20 Contributor I
edited December 2020 in Help
Hello

I try to install AI hub but unfortunately it has 404 error and I can not run the server and service. Now the question is this:
How can I export the result of process with out server(AI hub)? Can I use write database to export the result of my process? ( please explain your answer)

Thank you very much
A

Best Answer

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @ABIM,

there is no "best" option here. It depends on your needs - if you are in a company and want to integrate the results, a database might be the best option (the one the company already uses, or a Free one like PostgreSQL if you don't use one yet).
    If you want to communicate your results to other people, the Excel export might be the right one.

In your example screenshot you're inside the cross validation. It can make sense to log the intermediate results of the validation e. g. into a database, but that's not a frequent use case. I guess you would rather go to the main process and insert your Write operator after the cross validation, connected to the output you're interested in.

Regards,
    Balázs

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi @ABIM,

Read Database is for reading data from a database. But there are many operators for exporting the result of your process:
    Write Database (append data to a database table), Update Database (insert or update based on a key), Write Excel (for exporting spreadsheet files), Write CSV etc.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @BalazsBarany

Thank you very much for your reply. Which one is the best for the result of oracle? 
    How should I add it to my process?( at the end of my process?)
    Regards
    A
  • Options
    Thank you very much! Your answer is very useful :) I will try it. :)

Regards
    A
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @BalazsBarany

Hello
    Sorry I am a bit new for some part of rapidminer.
    I did a simple example with a simple data in my pc and connect the cross validation  with write excel, but the result was:" file memory buffered file" why? Please tell me if I save the result like this in an excel file or in a read data base, what will save there?( my data which classify there?)  Where can I find that excel?( in repository? or in my data base?)( because I want my friends use the result of process in a program) Can you please show me an example?

Best Regards
    A

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    edited December 2020
    Hi @ABIM

I think you have connected the fil (file) output port of the Write Excel operator to the res port.
    You have to connect the thr (through) output port of the Write Excel operator (instead the fil output port).

EDIT : 

After doing this new connection , you can set the folder and the name of the generated Excel file (xls/xlsx file)
    in the parameters of the Write Excel operator.

Regards,

Lionel
  • Options
    @lionelderkrikor

Hello

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately I don't know how to create a folder also there is no result to save.

Best regards
    A

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    @ABIM,

Deconnect the connexion between the inp port and the fil input port of the Read Excel operator (the first connexion of your process)
    Then set the path/excel file you want to read in the parameters of the Read Excel operator.

Regards,

Lionel

• Options
    edited December 2020
    @lionelderkrikor

Sorry, it is not clear for me also there is some error so please send me screen to see the connections.( please show me one for write excel and one for read database)

Best Regards
    A
  • Options
    Hi @ABIM,

right click on an operator (e. g. Cross Validation) and select "Breakpoint after". This will pause the execution after the operator and show you the result of it. If you get results, these will also show up in the Excel file.

The connections are right, you just need to select a correct file name with the file selector for Write Excel and a correct database connection with either permissions for creating a table, or an existing table with the necessary attributes/columns.

Please familiarize yourself with the basic working of RapidMiner before asking questions here. There are plenty of tutorials and videos in the Academy. 

If you get an error message, the most basic reasonable action is to post it. Nobody will be able to help you with "some error message".

Regards,
    Balázs