Options

educational license

farzanfarzan Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi
I have registered by commercial license but I want to change it to educational license. How can I change that?

Answers

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello,

Sorry that noone has chimed in.

If you have both a commercial and an educational license associated to your account, RapidMiner will decide which one to use, picking generally the best one that isn't expired. Since both have the same limits (an educational license is much like a commercial license), you shouldn't worry about which one to use.

Now, if you want to force a specific license to be used, you may want to reset your license and, instead of logging in with user name and password, paste the text of the license you want to use. That's a special case scenario for when, e.g. you have multiple computers for different purposes.

On the other hand, if you have to respect licensing issues (e.g. it's forbidden to use educational licenses in commercial environments or your commercial license isn't as powerful as your educational one), you may want to talk with your vendor to check options.

Hope this will help.

All the best,

Rod.