How can I solve the problem of malformed repository location?

Nabin_shrestha61Nabin_shrestha61 Member Posts: 5 Newbie
I have tried to export the process and save it and when I try to open that file it shows error message malformed repository location. 
Tagged:

Answers

• Nabin_shrestha61Nabin_shrestha61 Member Posts: 5 Newbie
    Anyone have idea💁
  • kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Create a new repository and move all of your processes up until it fails, or temporarily store your repo content somewhere else and reimport one by one until it fails. Then you have your malformed entry.

Or you could try to open your process directly using any text editor to see which one is the troublemaker.

Opening the folder is just right click -> show in file browser
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    I have tried to export the process and save it and when I try to open that file it shows error message malformed repository location. 

What operating system are you using?

This shouldn't happen, as internals on RapidMiner normally write files in UTF-8 format and internationalized, but I've broken a few repos due to a few magic tricks I tried to do to speed up my development process even more.

@kayman is right about his solution. Create a new repository and move your files (from the file system) until you get the culprit. I know it's not quite a fun thing, but this way we can know if there is something special you did that ended up breaking the repo.

BTW, repositories are just directories that are declared in an xml file as metadata. If you are in the mood, you may want to review that with an XML viewer (any browser can give you formatted XML with certain browser extensions).