Import process stops when trying to read a CSV file.

ArtRArtR Member Posts: 2 Newbie
I installed RapidMiner Studio version 9.8.001 to a Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS 64 bit. Program stops working after importing a CSV file. See attached screenshot.

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

Do you happen to have the ~/.RapidMiner/rapidminer-studio.log file? That would be very helpful!

Regards,
    Marco
  • ArtRArtR Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi Marco thank you for answering my question. I do not have a log file. I am a newbie. I looked for the log file in the RapidMiner folder but did not find it. I did notice that under preference there are options for encoding: Unix log file highlighting, Error handling debug mode. Should I turn those on to get a log file? if not, where does the default log file may be located in a Linux system?
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

The log file is in your USER_HOME/.RapidMiner folder. It is called "rapidminer-studio.log". You don't need to change any settings to get one.

Regards,
    Marco
  • MechJMMechJM Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    I found a solution, by using a program called unix2dos I converted my csv files to the dos format and that solved it for me. I guess RapidMiner has problems with the way files are formatted in Unix OSes