Options

Exporting ROC Curve underlying data

malcolmhaynesmalcolmhaynes Member Posts: 4 Learner I
Is there anyway to export the underlying data used to create the ROC curve from the performance operator? I want a table where each row has a decision threshold, TPR, and FPR. 
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,
    Converters extension has a operator called ROC Curve to Example Set which does this for you.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Options
    malcolmhaynesmalcolmhaynes Member Posts: 4 Learner I
    The converter operator has one parameter - number of evaluation points. How is the converter generating the evaluation points? For example, if I have a dataset with 250 examples, but the evaluation points are set to 500. Is it just extrapolating points from a best fit curve?
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

been a while since I dived into this (when writing the AUPRC operator). The short answer is yes. The usual way how we implement a ROC curve is using an interpolation. The code for it is available here: https://github.com/rapidminer/rapidminer-studio/blob/master/src/main/java/com/rapidminer/tools/math/ROCData.java (and in other classes of the math package).

I hope this helps,
    Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany