Options

Academic Integrity Assurance for Students Using RapidMiner Studio

User55825User55825 Member, University Professor Posts: 2 University Professor
I've been using RapidMiner in my class for years, and I'm wondering if there are any tools/options in RapidMiner that show a student is doing the work themself during the current semester. Time/date stamp? Watermark? Other?
I change my assignments and end up giving detailed instructions on taking screenshots that capture the date/time stamp on the computer desktop and/or the version of RM, but it'd be helpful to do within RapidMiner if possible. Any thoughts??

Best Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

RapidMiner Studio is built on an open-source basis, and it has many sharing and collaboration capabilities. It is not built as an academic testing tool with integrity verification mechanisms.
    Your requirements would go directly against the nature of our software. As such, I'm afraid nothing of that sort is available.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    one of the best practice in this cases is to conduct an person to person  evaluation and change some process or modify it to evaluate their knowldege.

Also you can ask them to run an python script that collect the system info, for example lib_system library.
    regards

Answers

• Options
    User55825User55825 Member, University Professor Posts: 2 University Professor
    Thanks, Marco, for your feedback. I understand the primary purpose of RapidMiner. Since RM offers an educational use license, I'm wondering if an option could be incorporated where the license user (me) turns on a feature that watermarks the process and results screens. Or I'd also be interested to know if anyone else out there who also uses RM in an educational setting has helpful solutions to address academic integrity.