Options

How to create a heat map from Lattitude and Longitude data?

suryadisuryadi Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
Dear all,

I have a data collection with DateTime, ObjectId, Lat, Long, Amount, Speed. I want to create a dashboard that a user can input Date1 until Date2, then the heat map shows where objects are mostly located in that period of time. 

My second question: how to query my Amount data grouped by month (Year-over-year or you) then make a prediction. For example: April 2010, April 2011, April 2012..2020, then how much is the total Amount for April 2021.  

Thank you very much in advance.

Warmest Regards,
Suryadi

Best Answer

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Dear Suryadi,

do you have access to AI Hub, or just RapidMiner Studio? 
    Here's an older blog entry for visualizing geodata in AI Hub (RM Server) web apps. It involves some HTML and JavaScript. 

In Studio there's no support for this kind of visualisation if you want to overlay an actual map. 

If you just want to display the coordinates on a scatterplot without the map, that's possible. For the heatmap I would aggregate by rounding the coordinates and determining the number of values in that cell. You could also experiment with bubble plots where you can control the size of the circles and also their color.

The second question is a forecasting problem. You could experiment with the Auto Forecasting operator. You just put the montly sums into it and get a prediction for the next few months. If you want to have more control over the process, see the Time Series Analytics course in the Academy.

Regards,
    Balázs