Options

RapidMiner Studio 9.9 new install on Windows 10 (Education Edition) keeps crashing on startup

AndrewXAndrewX Member Posts: 2 Learner I
Hi,

I've just installed RapidMiner for the first time and it keeps crashing on startup.

If I rerun and select "Disable Extensions" it starts. I haven't installed any new extensions as this is new install. Can anyone offer some insight into how I fault find or fix this?

Haven't used RapidMiner before.

Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    can you please check your rapidminer-studio.log? Anything suspicious in there, especially in the end?

1. Go to your user home folder and switch to the /.RapidMiner subfolder.
      1. On a windows machine this will be typically C:\Users\<username\.Rapidminer
    2. Open the rapidminer-studio.log file. It is generated each time RapidMiner Studio is started. The file for the pre-startup phase is called launcher.log .
    3. Please note that there will also be some files like rapidminer-studio.log.1, rapidminer-studio.log.2 These are old historical files.
    Best
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Options
    AndrewXAndrewX Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    Hi @mschmitz,

Thanks for the response. It's typical, after two days of crashes, as soon as I post about it, it starts to work. Only thing I did was go and open the log file beforehand. So don't know what happened there. Anyhow, I've been trying reopening a few times to see if I can replicate the failure I was having, but so far so good.

Cheers,
    Andrew