Options

Question about parallel data cleansing

user194372user194372 Member Posts: 14 Contributor II

Hello, everyone.

I need following information for my project.

(Data cleansing includes handling missing values, outliers, error correction, scaling, binning, necessary transformations etc

which is done before the main analysis)

My question is

Does Rapidminer support parallel data cleansing?

Also I want to know which operators and which parameters support parallel cleansing.

Thank you and have a nice day

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi,

RapidMiner executes process steps (operators) one by one sequentially, as it by default assumes that they rely on the previous results. 

Some operators are internally parallelized if the algorithm is suitable for it. This is the case, for example, in Cross Validation or Random Forest. The preprocessing steps you described are usually not very suitable for parallelization.

So the answer to your question is: RapidMiner supports it but only a few operators are actually implemented in a parallel way.

If you have a lot of data and the different data cleansing steps don't rely on each other, you can use background execution in Studio or jobs on AI Hub to execute multiple processes at once.

Regards,

Balázs
  • Options
    user194372user194372 Member Posts: 14 Contributor II

Dear Balazs

Thank you for your nice explanation!

It helped me a lot.

May I ask a further question?

How can I do background execution in Studio or in AI Hub to execute multiple processes at once

if those cleansing steps don't reply on each other?

Thank you and have a nice week.

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hello!

In RapidMiner Studio you simply open the process and instead of running it directly, you select "Run Process in Background". This will open the Background Monitor panel where you see the status of processes running in the background.

For AI Hub, this video explains it:
    https://academy.rapidminer.com/learn/video/scaling-ai-hub-execution

Regards,
    Balázs