Options

I am not able to read rmhdf5table file stored in my local computer using PyCharm.

xutfe3937xutfe3937 Member Posts: 4 Learner I
Hello. I am trying to use PyCharm to interact with Rapidminer Studio. I am trying to read a rmhdf5table file that is stored in my local computer but I am failing to do so. This is how I initiate a Studio instance.

import rapidminer
rm = rapidminer.Studio("C://Program Files/RapidMiner/RapidMiner Studio")

Reading an rmhdf5table

df = rm.read_resource(rapidminer.File("C://Users/myname/Documents/RapidMiner/Repositories/rapidminer_training/data/raw/train_data.rmhdf5table"))

Error after trying to read rmhdf5table

rapidminer.core.studio.StudioException: Error while executing studio: java.util.NoSuchElementException: No deserializer is registered for the file type rmhdf5table

Is it possible to read rmhdf5tables in PyCharm when using Rapidminer Studio?

Best Answer

• Options
    phellingerphellinger Employee, Member Posts: 103 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @xutfe3937,

Please use the Project class to read this file. It will not require Studio start at all, so it should return immediately:

df = rapidminer.Project().read("C://Users/myname/Documents/RapidMiner/Repositories/rapidminer_training/data/raw/train_data.rmhdf5table")

Let me know if it works for you,
    Best,
    Peter

Answers

• Options
    xutfe3937xutfe3937 Member Posts: 4 Learner I
    edited June 2021
    Hello @phellinger

Thank you. The documentation for Project class was helpful. The documentation for read_resource in Studio class mentioned that "...By using rapidminer.File and rapidminer.RepositoryLocation objects, you can specify explicitly whether you want to use local files or RapidMiner repository entries", so I thought it should be able to read rmhdf5tables in my local computer too. Does it not work that way?