Predictive Modeling Using Spatial Images

SA_HSA_H Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
1- Can Rapidminer makes predictive modeling for images, particularly, spatial images (such as satellite images).

2- Can Rapidminer integrate with the data come form ArcGIS software.

Answers

• MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    Hi @SA_H

It seems that ArcGIS has an Rest API endpoint so you will be able to pull data from it through the web mining extension with POST requests.

For the image mining you'll need to download the Image Handling extension + some deep learning.

Maybe @BalazsBarany could guide us further.
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    The best practice for handling geospatial data is putting them into a spatially enabled database like PostGIS. RapidMiner can handle database accesses well.

There is also a GeoProcessing extension that can read Shapefiles and calculate distances, areas, intersections etc. However, if you already have ArcGIS and/or a database, you would probably keep your geographic processing there.

Yes, image classification is possible in RapidMiner, but there is no specialization on spatial images. 
  • SA_HSA_H Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
    Thank You BalazsBarany. The Point that I tried Geoprocessing extension and I was not able to read shapefile. It was deactivated.
    Can you please let me now which extension I can use to make image classification in rapidminer

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi,

I just tried to read a shapefile with RM 9.10 and the extension and it worked.
    You might need to check an option in the settings:
    Settings => Preferences => Start-Up => Grant additional permissions to unsigned extensions

For image classification you will probably use the Image Handling extension together with Deep Learning.
    https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_image_handling
    https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_deeplearning

Check the documentation in Studio and for Deep Learning the videos in the Academy.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • SA_HSA_H Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
    Thanks a lot