Options

Bad Build?

btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
I had a number of students tonight struggle after installing the latest update that was deployed (XXXX.006?).  In short, after updating to the latest build/release, they were not unable to open up RapidMiner and were not able to participate in tonight's lecture.  Simply, the startup process failed and they couldn't do anything to get it running.  Even safe mode was an issue.

Is there a supported resolution to this problem?  

Best Answer

• Options
    jpuentejpuente Employee, Member Posts: 53 RM Product Management
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @btibert and everyone else in the thread. We have just released 9.10.7, which, as far as we can tell, solves the issue. Please upgrade you Studios and let us know if there's any problem.

Answers

• Options
    jpuentejpuente Employee, Member Posts: 53 RM Product Management
    Hi @btibert. I'm truly sorry to hear that. The patch has just been released this week (I suppose you mean 9.10.6). It passed all the tests, but maybe there's an issue we missed. As a quick workaround if you need it immediately, at the bottom of the downloads page there's a link to download older versions (9.9 in this case). In any case, I'd like to know a bit more, as we haven't been able to see any error in our installations. Which OS do you/they use? Could you please send logs or any screenshot for us to see the exact problem?
  • Options
    My apologies for the delay:

- I do not have the logs, as this was in the moment during my class during the last portion of my class
    - I believe the students that alerted me to the issue were on Windows machines

What is the best way to monitor the fix? With a new update?  
  • Options
    BierseppBiersepp Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    Hi all, 
    thanks for already reporting the issue I have the exact same problem. I upgraded last Thursday to 9.10.6 and now Rapidminer won't start anymore. It keeps hanging while loading GUI properties or while initializing workspace or sometimes while creating the frame. The start-up in safe-mode works. I deinstalled and reinstalled the software to a new folder to be able to load the program without any extensions, but it fails here as well. 
    Is there a possibility to downgrade back to 9.10.01, since I don't want to go back to 9.9?

The log does not show any errors.... 
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi All,
    we are aware of the issues and working on a solution. In the meanwhile we stopped the upgrade for studios which are not yet updated.

We also changed the download on my.rapidminer.com to point to 9.10.1. If you encounter issues you can just download the old version there. You can also just download the "Linux" version. It has a .bat file which you can use on Windows.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Thanks for the note.  Closing this out.