Options

Regarding Example Set Writing

ratheesanratheesan Member Posts: 68 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I would like to write Example set using Excel example set writer operator.The example set contains 2 special attributes and 30 regular attributes.But after writing into the excel sheet I found that it considered only regular attributes.How can I include this special attributes also in to the excel sheet.

Thanks
Ratheesan

Answers

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi there,

Interesting, I don't get your problem, but I find another  >:(  Firstly here's some code...
    <operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
        <operator name="ExampleSetGenerator" class="ExampleSetGenerator">
            <parameter key="target_function" value="random"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="IdTagging" class="IdTagging">
        </operator>
        <operator name="ExcelExampleSetWriter" class="ExcelExampleSetWriter">
            <parameter key="excel_file" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Alien\My Documents\rm_workspace\gen.xls"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="ExcelExampleSource" class="ExcelExampleSource">
            <parameter key="excel_file" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Alien\My Documents\rm_workspace\gen.xls"/>
            <parameter key="first_row_as_names" value="true"/>
            <parameter key="create_label" value="true"/>
            <parameter key="label_column" value="6"/>
            <parameter key="create_id" value="true"/>
            <parameter key="id_column" value="7"/>
            <parameter key="datamanagement" value="float_array"/>
        </operator>
    </operator>
    If I run it I get the "special" attributes, label and id, back as planned, but only if I tell the RM excel reader which column is which, on the other hand is it my imagination, or has the RM excel writer rounded the numbers up?

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    special attributes should have been written to the excel file. But anyway, if you load it again, the definition of the role is lost, since Excel does not know anything about the role and so it cannot be stored and retrieved.
    Hmm, they are getting rounded? Might be the format of the cell is set in a way, that the numbers get rounded...

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    as I heard from my colleague, this will be solved in RapidMiner 5.0.

Greetings,
      Sebastian