Options

Image Processing, Image Handling

cordocordo Member Posts: 2 Newbie
edited May 2023 in Help
How can I use the Image Handling and Image Processing extensions in RapidMiner?

How can I build basic models with image data in RapidMiner, I coudn't find any tutorials or information on this (apart from the out-of-date IMMI).

Would be happy to get some information and inspiration on this, thank you!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    Hi @cordo,

there is an extension in marketplace for that. 
    Is recent and created and supported by Rapidminer team. 

Best,

César 
  • Options
    cordocordo Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thank you for the message!

I'm aware of the Image Handling extension, I just have trouble on how to use it...
  • Options
    ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    Hi @cordo
    please be more specific and if is possible, share your process and data.

Best, 

Cesar
  • Options
    David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    Hi @cordo,

there are two extensions:

The already mentioned Image Handling extension works together with the deep learning extension and the nd4j back end. It can load and transform images into tensor objects which then can be used with neural networks.

The Image Processing is a standalone extensions that offers wrappers for the openCV library. It offers a lot of options for image transformation and image access. It can also be used for some image classification (mostly object detction) with pre-trained models and the converted image matrix could also be used as a data table for other analysis options.

I highly recommend to have a look at the tutorial processes in the operator help to get an idea how to use the different operators.

Hope this helps a bit to get started.

Best,
    David