RapidMiner 9.7 is Now Available

Lots of amazing new improvements including true version control! Learn more about what's new here.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

"Finding Item Sets with FPGrowth"

cpc2cpc2 Member Posts: 18  Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,
I have some trouble using the FPGrowth Operator. On some of my Data it works perfectly fine. But I have one particular table where I have a big number of objects, and only a few itemsets. On that table FPGrowth isnt able to find any item sets at all which is weird because I activated the find_min_number_of_itemsets flag and 100 Itemsets to find.
My question is:
Is there a support value when the process to find_min_number_of_itemsets terminates (like 0.0001) or does it definetely discover something if theres any itemset more often then 1x?

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531   Unicorn
    Hi,
    the lower limit is set to 0.06 for some reason I don't know. So it stops even if it didn't find the desired number of item sets but the support reached this limit. I would suggest lowering the threshold manually, that should solve your problem.

Greetings,
     Sebastian
  • cpc2cpc2 Member Posts: 18  Maven
    Thanks that helped me a lot.
    Btw. by Treshhold do you mean the min_support value ?
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531   Unicorn
    Hi,
    yes, this I meant :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian