Problem with DatabaseExampleSetWriter in RM4.6

CleoCleo Member Posts: 44 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I have two computers both of them are running windows xp, mysql and RM 4.6.
With one computer I can load data from a table within the mysql database using the DatabaseExampleSource, then write to a different table using DatabaseExampleSetWriter.

Using the same RM 4.6 file, and setup on the second computer, the databaseExampleSource can read the data, the DatabaseExampleSetWriter can create the output table however it does not write any of the exampleset into the output table.  If I change the DatabaseExampleSetWriter  operator to  CSVExampleSetWriter instead it works fine.  Also if use the “Start Data Writing Wizard” within the  DatabaseExampleSetWriter  and press the “Test Connection” button it works fine.

Any suggestions on how to debug this problem.
Thanks,
Cleo

Answers

• CleoCleo Member Posts: 44 Maven
    Update:

On the second computer I tried the same setup with RM 5 and it does manage to write to the database.  In RM 4.6 it does not.

Thanks,
    Cleo
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    that sounds really strange. I never heard of any problems with MySQL unless you haven't set your right correctly. But this cannot be the case if RM 5 works and RM 4.6 does not on the same machine and the same database.

Greetings,
      Sebastian