Options

Web page selection.

ratheesanratheesan Member Posts: 68 Maven
Hi,
How can I select the contents of a particular web page  using RM.I tried it with crawler,but getting more  pages than I specified.

Thanks,
Ratheesan

Answers

• Options
    fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

the question is unclear. What exactly do you mean by "contents"? Do you want only a specific (list of) web pages? Do you want to extract information from the Web page?
    Please specify?

Cheers,
    Simon
  • Options
    Hi Simon,
    I want to extract information from web page.If I can copy the contents in the web page as a text file,then I will apply text mining algorithms.So now I need to copy the web page in to a text file.

Thanks
    Ratheesan.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I guess you might change the "max_depth" parameter to zero. The crawler shouldn't then follow any links.

With RapidMiner 5 there will soon be a web mining extension making this more easily.

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    Hai,

I have tried with the above method and I saved it as a text file. The saved text contains html tags and image url's etc... Is there any way to save only the texts (the text that is seen by a user when he opens a web page).

Thanks,
    Ratheesan
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    with 5.0 this would be easy, in 4.x you can only set the TextInput to contenttype html, so that all tags are filtered out.

Greetings,
      Sebastian