Options

docs for v5

turicumturicum Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi!

After going through the reference manual for v4.6, I realized the API for v5.0 is a bit different. I managed to understand (at least partially) how to use single operators. Could you please post an example for v5.0 equivalent to the one in Figure 7.1 (p. 671, manual for v4.6) for full processes, possibly including how to extract the result? (process.run(inputIOContainer) does not seem to return anything useful).

Even better: could you post the preliminary white paper/manual that is in preparation? (German is fine too)

Thanks!
Alex

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I must admit, this is a little bit tricky:
    process.getRootOperator().getSubprocess(0).getInnerSinks().getPortByIndex(0).getData()
    We are thinking about adding a more convenient way.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Hi Sebastian,

in the case of a single operator, I'm using the following code:

OutputPorts out = inputOperator.getOutputPorts();
    Port port = out.getPortByName("output");
    IOObject data = port.getAnyDataOrNull();
    etc...

Is this the "official" way of accessing the port?

Thanks
    Alex
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Alex,
    either that or you could access them by index.

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    Thank you, Sebastian!

Is the way one should declare operators to RapidMiner the same in v4.6 and v5.0? (see section 6.8 and 6.9 of the RM reference, v4.6, from p. 664 on)

Cheers,
    Alex
  • Options
    Hi,
    no, this is totally different for several reasons, for example the possibility of supporting multi languages. We will publish a white paper describing how to build an extension for RapidMiner 5 this or the next week.

Greetings,
      Sebastian