Options

did not find the xml files for testing in 5 source code

beijinghe2008beijinghe2008 Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi, all

I checked out Rapidminer from SVN (https://yale.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/yale/Vega), built all source codes.  Rapidminer can run successfully, but test suites can not be run via AllTests application with below errors:

There were 54 errors:
1) Sample '01_IO\01_ExampleSource.xml'(com.rapidminer.test.ExampleSetSampleTest)java.lang.Exception: File 'D:\workspace_dataminer\Rapidminer_Vega\sample\01_IO\01_ExampleSource.xml' does not exist!
at com.rapidminer.test.SampleTest.sampleTest(SampleTest.java:48)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.rapidminer.test.AllTests.main(AllTests.java:47)
2) Sample '01_IO\02_ArffExampleSource.xml'(com.rapidminer.test.ExampleSetSampleTest)java.lang.Exception: File 'D:\workspace_dataminer\myDM\sample\01_IO\02_ArffExampleSource.xml' does not exist!
at com.rapidminer.test.SampleTest.sampleTest(SampleTest.java:48)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.rapidminer.test.AllTests.main(AllTests.java:47)

It seems there is no 01_ExampleSource.xml under sample directory,so It can not be passed, I doubt it did not be executed after building successfully.

I found there are some sample under <home>\resources\com\rapidminer\resources\samples\processes directory, but the proccess file name is changed from .xml to .rmp.  I do not know whether I can use these files to do testing?

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    unfortunately the process tests are broken during the transformation from 4.x to 5.0 Process format and we didn't find the time to convert them. We are currently planning a new test environment, that copes with all the problems occurring in the field of data mining. Class tests are simply not enough or nearly infeasible, if one has to construct a gig of data first, fulfilling various combinations...We'll see, what we will come up with.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks your quickly response!  Would you please answer below two questions:
    1. Why change process format? I did not see any difference between them except the suffix changed from .xml to .rmp.
    2. Whether rapindminer5.0 can accept the process file with old format, that is to say, still keep the compatability?

Regards,
    Xu He

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Xu He,
    if you compare RapidMiner 5.0 and RapidMiner 4.x you will see immediately why we had to change the process format: The old format stored the data flow only implicitly, while the new one uses a complete new gui for process design that eases the design process a lot.
    The new file suffix gives us a possibility to register on the system to be associated with out process files. You don't want to associate RapidMiner with all .xml files, won't you?

RapidMiner 5.0 can import process files of 4.x and transformes them to the new format.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Ok. I see! thanks.
    Would you please let me know how to 'RapidMiner 5.0 can import process files of 4.x and transformes them to the new format': Can I use file/import with GUI or is there a command line tool to handle it?

BTW:  I noticed that the content of new process file with RMP format is still XML, I think it is not necessary to change the suffix because XML is more general and it is convenient for user to do integration with other system.  What's your opinion?

From the code side, you just use a new XSD and handle it as XML, right?    Thanks again.

Regards,
    Xu He
  • Options
    Hi,
    yes, just use the import menu entry. That's exactly what it means: It imports process files.

Surely it's still XML, but I guess there isn't another program around that uses our schema. So why should we then exactly stick to XML? Because you can open it with your favorite default browser by double clicking instead of RapidMiner? I don't see many use in naming all xml files .xml. The same way around we could call each binary file format .bin. And you probably would not like Microsoft Word Documents named .xml. although they use XML internally.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    OK. It is not big issue, I know your strategy. Any way, thanks your quick response! 

The last question is when will the updated test suite available? No test, no confidence especially, build from source code:-)

Regards,
    Xu He
  • Options
    Hi,
    as soon as possible. But we are very busy with customer projects, and as long as we get paid, we work for money. But nobody will pay us for writing tests, will he? I would favor this, but I really doubt it...

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    I want to say nothing is impossible:-).  Now I just try your tools and compare it with others.