Options

importing "TextInput" in RM 5.0

ThiemeThieme Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
Hello,

I tried to import a process which uses the "old" TextInput Operator but it can't be converted now by the Importer.

When will this be supported?

Greetings,
Sabine Thieme

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Sabine,
    I know that it will sound hard, but this won't be supported. The reason for this is, that we decided to completely reimplementing the old Text Pluging, that once was contributed by the community. We took its best features and approaches and combined it with a more stable code base. The result does not only offer a lot more possibilities and is more flexible, but also increases the performance a lot. If you will compare the old 4.6 implementation and the one of the final RapidMiner 5 on huge text collections, you will see the improvements immediately, just take a look at the System Monitor during the processing...
    The only thing on the back side of this success is, that we had to brake with process level compatibility. But since we kept the general design of the Extension, it should be pretty simple to rebuild the process manually. It's a luck that the text processing stage isn't that long at all.
    And if you keep your eyes open, you will probably find one or two points, where you could improve the process results by utilizing one of the new functionalities.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    verbaverba Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Hi,

I also had trouble using TextINput using latest version of Rapid Miner. After  analysis, I found I can download  and save "Text plug in" package where I have downloaded your rappid miner would bring the features of using "TextInput"

Hope this info will help you in some way!!

Regards,
    verba
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    that's not correct. The Text Input operator isn't available anymore in RapidMiner 5.0 for the reasons I specified above.

Greetings,
      Sebastian